Here is some good news for all the technophiles. Apple is all set to release the iPhone 13. The iPhone 13 is ready to surprise gearheads with its stunning features. Manufacturers are going to unleash the model, giving customers several reasons to upgrade. As per updates, Apple is attempting to fix the issues that were present in previous models.
Let us go through the salient features of iPhone 13. The article will also talk about how it is different from iphone12.
Specifications of iPhone 13 ( as expected):
Let us know about the expected specifications of the model.
|Weight||A weight of 226gm is expected.|
|Materials Used||Materials include front glass, back glass, stainless steel frame.|
|Size||We expect a size of 6.7 inches.|
|Storage||It is expected to have a RAM of 8 GB.The storage will be upto 1 TB.|
Different Versions of iPhone 13
The different versions of iPhone 13 include:
- iPhone 13 mini
The iPhone 13 mini is expected to launch in India in the month of October,2021. It may cost around ₹79990.
- iPhone 13
The iPhone 13 is expected to launch in India in the month of September, 2021. The expected price in India is ₹ 89990.
- iPhone 13 Pro
iPhone 13 Pro may launch in India around 30 September, 2021. The expected price is₹92999.
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
The iPhone 13 Pro Max will launch (expected) in September or even before. It may cost around ₹135000 in India.
Here we are going to have a look at the striking features of its different versions. Let us go through the comparative details of its different versions.
|Properties||iPhone 13 mini||iPhone 13||iPhone 13 Pro||iPhone 13 Pro Max|
|Resolution||2340 x 1080||2532 x 1170||2532 x 1170||2778 x 1284|
|Camera||12MP + 12MP||12MP + 12MP||12MP + 12MP + 12MP||12MP + 12MP + 12MP|
|Storage||Up to 1TB||Up to 1TB||Up to 1TB||Up to 1TB|
The launch date for the iPhone 13 will probably be in the third week of September this year. Usually, Apple launches its iPhones in September every year. The pandemic caused difficulties during last year’s release, so it happened in the month of October. But there is no such delay speculated in 2021.
The iPhone 13, Pro will launch on 30th September in India (unofficial).
Read here: The New Clubhouse App
As of now, we don’t have any concrete update about the price tag of the new version. Reports say that pricing is not going to be different this year. The base variant of iPhone12 goes for ₹79,990. We can expect the base price in India for iPhone 13 around ₹89,990.
Designs of iPhone 13
- The iPhone 12 had flat sides. We don’t expect the iPhone 13 to change much.
- The most striking feature of the iPhone 13 could be related to camera bump and notch. There would be a single sheet of glass covering all lenses. Apple may eliminate the notch or simply reduce it.
- Apple may also hide elements of the Face IS TrueDepth system behind the display.
- The iPhone 13 may be the first model by Apple to have underwater photography.
- New colours could get inducted for the iPhone 13.
- The iPhone 13 may feature a stronger magnet inside and a different matte finish on the outer look.
Colors in iPhone 13
- Colors which are presently available are black, green, blue, white and (product) red. But Apple keeps experimenting with the colors to boost the sale.
- The speculation goes around the colors such as bronze for the pro models and matte black for all of the versions.
- A ‘sunset gold’ color is expected too.
- Sources do admit about the pale rose gold color in this series too.
Display of iPhone 13
- The iPhone 13 could have a ProMotion display in 2021. It will optimize viewing content.
- It can also necessitate the use of LTPO technology to keep the battery life under control.
- Apple wants both Pro models to have 120 Hz refresh rates.
Here is the list of expected features pertaining to the display:
|Screen Size||6.2 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1170*2532 Pixels|
|Bezel Less Display||Yes|
|Pixel Density||450 ppi|
Camera of iPhone 13
Let us know about the rumoured features of iPhone 13’ camera:
- It will be an ultra-wide-angle camera.
- Cameras will have LiDAR depth-perception systems.
- There will be a use of sensor-shift stabilization. It will help in capturing a much sharper night time image.
- Apple will also check the problem of jitter during video shoot.
Here is a chart of expected salient features of the camera:
|Resolution||13 MP Primary Camera, 13 MP, Wide Angle, Ultra-Wide-Angle Camera|
|Front Camera Resolution||13 MP Primary Camera|
Battery of iPhone 13
The iPhone 13 might get the battery size upgrade. It may feature a more energy-consuming 120Hz ProMotion display. These screens will need more energy (more than 60 Hz panels). It may result in a bigger battery. As per iPhone 13 battery leaks, all the versions are going to have bigger batteries.
One of the reports says that:
- The new Pro Max is going to have a massive upgrade from 3,687 mAh to 4,352 mAh.
- The Pro upgrades will range from 2,815 mAh to 3,095 mAh.
- There is a range of 2,227 mAh to 2,406 mAh for the mini version.
- The regular iPhone 13 will have the upgrade as the Pro.
|Battery capacity ( as rumoured)||18% increase in battery capacity|
|Battery ( as rumoured)||3285 mAh|
|Removable ( as rumoured)||No|
Charging in iPhone 13
Let us have a look on the updates related to charging:
- Apple will release a new charging brick as an optional accessory.
- It will launch devices with an A15 chip.
- The fast refresh rate with a more powerful chipset is expected.
- The larger battery may provide a charging time similar to the current generation.For example, it was 14 hours 6 minutes of battery backup for iPhone 12 Pro max.
Processor of iPhone 13
The expected features of iPhone 13’s graphics and processor are as follows:
|Graphics||Apple GPU ( four-core graphics)|
|Processor||Hexa Core (3.1 GHz, Dual Core)|
|Chipset||Apple A14 Bionic|
iOS version 14.7.1
The new version contains several changes like:
- Here the Face ID unlocks the iPhone X, XS/XS Max, XR up to 30% faster than the iOS 12.
- A new file format makes app downloads 50% smaller.
iPhone 12 vs iPhone 13
It might feel like the iPhone 12 has just arrived. But iPhone 13 is ready to mark its entry. So, it might get confusing, we should switch to the upgraded version or the current version is, okay?
Let us ponder on some basic aspects which help us to shed the confusion.
- Like the iPhone 12, the iPhone 13 will come up with four models.
- As per one of the analysts, the iPhone 13 will have four variants namely the iPhone 13, the iPhone 13 Mini, the iPhone 13 Pro and the iPhone Pro Max.
Camera and phone sizes
- The iPhone 13 and 13 Pro models may appear thicker than predecessors.
- However, the difference could be petty.
- There will be an increase in sizes of camera bumps. It will prevent the lenses from sticking out.
- The buzz is going on about an added periscope camera to improve zoom, an improved ultrawide-angles lens for night mode photography and lidar technology for all the models.
As the iPhone 13 is not a massive technical upgrade, its cost is not going to be much different from the previous version. It’s expected to be around ₹89990.
The iPhone 12 line-ups lack the Touch ID button. The iPhone 13 may get it back. Let us go through a comparison between the features of iPhone 12 and the expected features of iPhone 13.
|iPhone 13 (expected features)||iPhone 12|
|Refresh rate is 120 Hz||It is 60 Hz|
|No Headphone Jack||No Headphone Jack|
|Fingerprint sensor is present.||No fingerprint sensor.|
|US price could be $799.||US price is $799|
Four Sizes, Smaller Notch, 5G, Camera Improvements, 120 Hz ProMotion Display
The iPhone user guide is on Safari App.
The probable color is matte black.
Probably in September.
It may be released in 2022.
Pragya is an Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer. She is passionate about Indian Art and Culture. Reading prolific writers helped her to develop an inclination towards the respective field. Apart from writing, ‘food adventure’ catches her attention.