Visiting and exploring various places around the world inculcates a feeling of thrill and joy. Some people love traveling to different destinations. There are so many places around the world which are worth a visit.
One such fascinating destination is Dubai. Dubai has stunning Persian gulf views along with historical landmarks and places. It awaits you with most promising attractions including the lovely food. Visiting this Middle Eastern City can definitely be a part of your checklist.
Best time to visit Dubai:
Months from November to March is the best time to visit Dubai. The off season Months are June-August. So,if you plan for summer trips, you may have to face high humidity levels and hot weather. However, you may decide to travel in the shoulder season which is from the months April-May and September-October. During the winter months, a lot of tourists visit to enjoy the new places in Dubai. You can enjoy the good company of friends and family out there.
Top five best places to visit in Dubai:
This wonderful architecture must be the number one in your list. It is the tallest tower in the world with a height of 2700 feet. It has a fountain, luxury hotels and restaurants along with two observation decks.
How to get to the Burj Khalifa?
- You can either opt for a taxi or a metro.
- You can purchase unlimited metro passes for the Dubai metro system.
Ticket Price: Entry fee is AED 100 – 315(top level), and AED 370 – 525(sky level). There is no entry fee for children below 4 years.
Things to do/top attraction:
- Enjoy the best views of Dubai at the top level.
- You can have some delicious cuisines like Italian, Indian,Japanese and many more at the best multiple restaurants in Burj khalifa.
- You can watch a lovely musical show at the Dubai fountain.
The Dubai Mall:
It is one of the largest malls around the world. It is in a way, a destination of huge shopping for festivals. This Mall has 1200 stores with 14000 parking spaces. It has a big walkthrough aquarium.This mall is definitely a combination of entertainment and shopping.
How to get to the mall?
- Using the Dubai metro is an easy way to reach the Dubai mall.
- There are two buses which are route 29 from Ghubaiba bus station and route 27 from the Deira Gold Souk station.
Ticket price: For the big aquarium walkthrough, the standard ticket costs AED 55.
Things to do/top attraction:
- There is an underwater zoo in the aquarium. Enjoy watching 300 species of marine animals.
- Concerts and functions are organised at the Dubai rink to give you a dose of entertainment.
- There are 1200 stores to shop. So, enjoy shopping for a huge range of essentials.
- You can try a wide variety of cuisines in the restaurants at the mall. Take your kids and family to the gaming zone and cinema complex.
Global Village Dubai:
It is said to be the region’s first cultural, family, entertainment and shopping destination. This area has various pavilions each representing a different country or a region. It is one of the perfect places to enjoy various cuisines, thrilling rides and Street performances.
Read here: The mystery of most haunted fort in India
How to reach the global village Dubai?
- Using the Metro is an easy way to reach the global village Dubai.
- You can also use the bus service. You can also take a taxi to reach the village.
Entry fee is AED 15.
Things to do/top attraction:
- You can be a part of exciting live concerts and shows.
- You can enjoy a trip to every pavilion representing different countries along with good food.
- Enjoy the fireworks at night on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Feel the thrill and joy of being into the haunted houses and escape games.
It is one of the most magnificent archipelagos created by land reclamation. You will discover that the archipelago looks like a palm tree with a circle when viewed from the overhead.
How to reach Palm Jumeirah?
- You can take a metro to reach there.
- The local transport includes Palm Monorail.
Ticket Price: No entry fee.
Things to do at Palm Jumeirah:
- Take exciting rides at the water slides.
- Take a tour of the “Lost Chambers aquarium” and get to see a wide variety of marine animals over there.
- Pamper yourself with the world’s most luxurious spa treatments at Talise Ottoman spa at Jumeirah zabeel saray.
- Go for a helicopter tour to enjoy the most scenic view of the Palm Jumeirah.
Ski Dubai is the world’s largest indoor Ski Park. If you want to enjoy an unimaginable snow ride and ice museum experience, then this is the place. The park has an ice museum, snow Park, skiing academy and ski slopes.
How to go to Ski Dubai?
- You can use the metro rail to reach ski Dubai. Take a direct train from terminal 3 which operates every 10 minutes.
- You may also choose to travel in direct buses from the airport to Ski Dubai every 30 minutes.
The entry fee ranges from AED 150 – AED 220.
Things to do at Ski Dubai:
- Hit the slopes at ski Dubai with other snow boarding facilities.
- You will see a large number of penguins over there. Meet and mingle with those lovely creatures. Each penguin has its own name which is quite interesting.
- Enjoy the thrill of the chairlift ride on the slopes of ice.
- You can try the snow bullet ride as well.
Best places to visit in Dubai for free:
- AlSerkal Avenue: It’s an art and cultural district of Dubai. It has multiple galleries and artworks. This place is perfect for art lovers.
- Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary: It has a wide variety of birds. If you are bird watcher, then this is a perfect place to visit.
- Dubai fountain: You can watch the magical fountain in the evening.
Best places to visit in Dubai during winter:
- Dubai creek: It’s a saltwater Creek located and extended to Ras Al Khor wildlife sanctuary.
- Dubai frame: It is an architectural landmark with 150m height. You can have a wonderful view of the Dubai skyline.
- Dubai parks and resorts: You can enjoy the fun and thrill of the 100 + water rides, theme parks, water park and lots of other adventures.
Best places to visit in Dubai during summer:
- Aquaventure waterpark: it offers heart beating 30 rides along with water slides. Enjoy the beach and access the huge and wonderful “Lost Chambers aquarium”
- Chillout ice lounge: It’s a unique launch decorated with ice sculptures, lovely interior designs and unique way of seating. Everything is set at 6 degree celsius temperature giving you a chillout experience during summers.
- Wild Wadi water park: It’s an outdoor water park offering 30 rides and attractions.
Best places to visit in Dubai during EID Holidays:
- IMG world of adventure: It is the world’s largest indoor amusement park offering entertainment and fun.
- Downtown Dubai: It’s a hub for the tourists to visit and watch the magical Dubai fountain, music and live shows.
- Festival wheel: It’s a Ferris wheel which is 40 m high. You will get a magnificent view of the Dubai creek, skyline of Dubai with Burj khalifa and nature Park view.
Best places to visit in Dubai for couples and friends:
- Sail Dubai Creek on a dhow cruise: Spend a day with your loved one, enjoying dinner on a dhow boat with a scenic view of the water in the evening.
- A night at the Opera: This place offers majestic shows, concerts and musical performances.
- Dubai miracle garden: A garden full of 50 million flowers and millions of plants is definitely a good place for couples/friends.
Best places to visit in Dubai for shopping:
Dubai is also one of the most famous shopping destinations in the world. Here are some points to keep in mind for a great shopping:
- It has a huge number of shopping stores and many big malls including: Mall of the Emirates, Bur Dubai souk, Wafi Mall and many more. You can try shopping in these big malls.
- One of the best and exciting parts about shopping in Dubai is the “Dubai Shopping Festival”. It’s a one month shopping event where you will get a variety of retail shops along with big discounts and offers. You can definitely plan a trip in the month of December to January if you want to shop for your loved ones.
- The best things you can buy in Dubai are gold and diamond jewelry, pashmina shawls, Arabic coffee and pots, electronic items, Persian rugs and carpets, makeup products at affordable prices. Dubai is famous for all kinds of products ranging from luxury items to affordable items at low budgets.
- If you want to buy something on an affordable budget then you can go to places like the outlet village ,retold and Garderobe.
Famous local food of Dubai:
People of Dubai love to eat a combination of Iranian, Lebanese and Arabic food.
In Dubai, you can get the best of street food and other cuisines from around the world. You will also get a variety of cuisines like Italian, Indian, Japanese, French, Pakistani and many more. Here are some foodie things that local people in Dubai love eating. You too can try the local food out there.
- Luqaimat is one of the best local foods which is prepared fresh everyday by the cafes in Dubai. It resembles a donut and is sweet in nature.
- Knafeh is a dish originally from Palestine. This pastry dish has become a firm favorite of the locals in Dubai.
- Turkish cocktails: Locals love to have drinks served with the turkish flavors with ingredients like hibiscus, pomegranate, honey and more.
- “Billie the kid” veggie burger at gourmet burger kitchen: locals of Dubai love to add veggies and other salads to the burger.
- Samboosa: You can try this crispy spicy dish filled with cheese and extra veggies in Dubai local food places.
- Dubai coffee and dates are also famous among locals. Try it once you visit there.
- Chit chat or chaat at rang Mahal: It’s quite spicy and you will absolutely love it.
It is Emirati Dirham (AED).
The two biggest cellular service providers are DU and Etisalat.
You can opt for Dubai Metro and taxis. However, you may also choose Uber if you want.
Yes, you will get a wide variety of cuisines including Italian, Indian, French, Japanese and many more.
Arabic and English. However, some also speak Urdu, Persian, Chinese , Hindi, Telugu, and some other languages. But, it is enough if you speak in English.
Puja hails from the land of forests “Jharkhand”. She is an IT Engineer and worked as an analyst with Tech Mahindra. Her forthright nature and wider perception sparked the writer within. Singing and playing badminton is what she loves.