The full form of USB is Universal Serial Bus. USB is a very popular term because of its usage in day-to-day life. Almost all electronic gadgets are now equipped with USB slot. Let’s know more about USB.
- It is a plug and play interface that allows a computer to communicate with peripheral and other devices.
- The connected devices range from keyboards and mice, to music players and flash drives.
- It is also used to send power to certain devices. The devices can be powering smartphones and tablets and charging their batteries too.
- The number and location of the ports differ in different devices. For example, a desktop computer has two to four ports at the front and two to eight ports at the back.
- Different USB devices that connect to the computers are an external drive, digital camera, gamepad, headset, keypad and iPod.
- USB connectors come in different shapes and sizes. They include mini USB, standard USB and micro USB.
Aside from being an engineer, I am a software developer, an enthusiastic musician, a regular reader and a hobbyist writer. I love traveling, exploring new places and, of course, playing games (all sorts).