The full form of ISRO is Indian Space Research Organization. This is one of biggest space research organization available across the world. Let’s know more about ISRO.
- ISRO was formed in 1969.
- It provides India with space based services.
- It also develops the technologies and has become one of the six largest space agencies in the world.
- The organization maintains the remote sensing (IRS) satellites and the communication satellites (INSAT).
- It provides the ever growing demand for earth observation along with fast and reliable communication.
- ISRO provides application specific satellite tools to the Indian nation. Some of them include weather forecasts, disaster management tools, broadcast communications, geographic information systems, cartography, telemedicine and navigation.
- Latest missions include AstroSat, Mars Orbiter Mission and LVM3-X (CARE).
- It has completed 111 spacecraft missions, 80 launch missions, 12 student satellites and two re-entry missions.
Aside from being an engineer, I am a software developer, an enthusiastic musician, a regular reader and a hobbyist writer. I love traveling, exploring new places and, of course, playing games (all sorts).